I think the question should be “Why not”. There are lots of benefits to booking an engagement photography session. Regardless on who the photographer is that you’re booking, it’s always a question you should ask. Here’s a couple benefits as to why you should consider booking an engagement shoot:
- You will never be as young as you’re today. Why not document a beautiful session of just the two of you before you’re married? Often, an engagement shoot is a lot more relaxed compared to the wedding day, a little more casual and a heap of fun.
- No one is watching. It’s just you and your partner and the photographer. You can be as silly as you like or intimate as you want.
- Location is everything. Booking a shoot at a special location like where you first met, maybe your first date or something sentimental to the two of you is a great way to tell your love story.
- Meet the photographer. Determine if you and the photographer’s personalities match. This is often the biggest point to make when working out if you want to hire a wedding photographer. These days, there are a lot of great wedding photographers out there, what will separate great photographers from the rest is their personality and ability to engage, relate and understand what the couple want.
- Building a friendship. It sounds a little cliché’ but at the end of the day when we photograph a couple we like to become friends. We want you to trust us and having an engagement photoshoot can put your mind at ease when it comes to the big day. All of a sudden you realise you don’t need to worry about the photographer as they know exactly what they’re doing.
- Sending out “save the date” invitations either via social media or in person. Using one of your engagement photography sessions as the backdrop for the invitation is a nice touch. It’s always cute when your guests receive a picture of you in the mail.
- Just because
We hope you enjoyed these excuses which you can use to convince your partner to book an engagement shoot. 😊